Pet tooth fractures and dental disease care.
Pets that fracture their teeth or end up developing dental disease will likely require dental surgery at some point in their life. Our experienced veterinarians are well versed in a number of dental surgeries and can help your pet remain happy, healthy, and free from dental pain.
The broadest category, procedures considered oral surgery which we perform include but are not limited to:
- Surgical and non-surgical extraction of teeth
- Removal of oral foreign bodies
- Periodontal surgeries to save diseased teeth from extraction
- Biopsy of oral tumors
- Full mouth extraction for feline stomatitis/faucitis
- Palatal defects, including oronasal fistula, clefts, trauma, and elongation of the soft palate in Brachycephalic breeds
- Sinusotomy for culture/biopsy
- Lymph node biopsy (extraoral)
- Diseases of the salivary glands
In addition to dental surgery, we also offer thorough oral exams, dental cleanings, digital x-rays, and oral cancer diagnosis and treatment. Before we can schedule a procedure, we require digital x-rays from all pets undergoing surgery at Twin Creek Animal Hospital.